Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My 2015 Tahoe 4x4 was recently t on the left side damaging

Customer Question

My 2015 Tahoe 4x4 was recently hit on the left side damaging the running board, door, left fender and wheel. All parts were replaced with genuine GM parts and done at a Chevy dealership. However after just aligning the vehicle, I noticed there's play in the steering wheel and it feels loose when driven. What possibly could be causing this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Most likely they didnt look at the front end for any damage.When the wheel is hit this can damage the outer tie rod,wheel bearing/hub assembly or the rack and pinion steering box.I see this quite a bit unfortunately.

If this was done under insurance contact the insurance company and let them know there is still an issue.Then they will tell you to have it looked at and tell the dealer to check these components I have listed above then the insurance will usually add this to the repair.

These are the components that will cause this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete