Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2008 Chevy duramax, all the electric stuff works

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy duramax, all the electric stuff works lights radio but won't turn over. Checked starter relay it is working. Ran a jumper to the starter to turn the engine over manually with key on still won't run. Need some help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Will the starter crank the engine with key?

Have you attempted to bleed the fuel system?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just got it started
Maybe you can help with something else on the same vehicle the service 4wd won't go off and I can't get the 4wd to engage

The service 4WD light is on because it has a fault. It will not engage with a fault. you will have to have the 4WD codes checked to proceed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.