Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have an 08 chevy equinox, and have a problem with it

Customer Question

i have an 08 chevy equinox, and have a problem with it overheatting, over a year now, mechanics have replace thermastats 3x then water pump, now they replaced the cooling fan. over 1500 in the past year and a half. what should i ask and look for now that there replaced. what if it starts to over heat again. what other common misdiangnosed im so sick to death of having to pay for something with this car
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

I would start with locating a shop with a gas analyzer and have the cooling system checked for hydro carbons to rule out an internal engine problem. Also you have not said if the replaced or cleaned the radiator

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.