GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am trying to install a pdr 654 radio in my 03 Chevy

Customer Question

I am trying to install a pdr 654 radio in my 03 Chevy Silverado and I've hit a wall. Do I cut the main connector off the harness or just tap into the main radio harness??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am not sure I understand, SAre you asking how to tap to the factory wires and which factory wire color does what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to have a diagram or something like it to help
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

sorry had to step out, I will send the diagrams to you, what size/series,engine do you have and do you know what type of fatcory unit you had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 5.3L engine and as far as I know the radio is a stock one
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

still need series? size? like 1500, 3500 4500 and so on thanks, ***** ***** to narrow down radio options meansing does yours have CD? amp? and so on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry about that. I have a 1500 and the stock radio has a CD and the new one doesn't have one
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

pulling digrams now

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

not going to happen ,too many different radio options so,, in order for me to help? we need to have the RPO code for the radio, I need you to look in the glovebox, usually there.. is a whote lable with many letters and numbers on it. what I need is: all the 3 digit codes that start with a "U" and start witha "Y" then? I can pull and send the wiring information to get you hooked up