Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master technician with over 30 years of experience, including GM.
24034660

My names ***** ***** i drive a 2008 silverado
, i

Customer Question

Customer: my names ***** ***** i drive a 2008 silverado
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i recently sucked water into my engine and am now getting a p0307 and p1174 she runs fine until the cylinder deactivation cuts in
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello: Have you removed the #7 sparkplug to see if it shows and damage to it? Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well she fixed herself i was gonna take a look at everything when i got off work. When i cranked her up the check engine light was off and when the AFM cut in she didn't struggle at all

Good to hear this, It sounds like there was water on the #7 spark-plug (reason for the code p307, misfire #7 cylinder) Then What happened is the water dissipated from spark-plug and cylinder, Then computer no longer saw a misfire, so it turned off the check engine light! Thank-you, Have a happy New Years!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
happy new years to you as well. so as i was driving to the store tonight when the AFM cut on she still stuttered a little bit and didnt seem to like it at all. theres still no check engine light anymore. what do you think would cause her to continue to stutter?

There is a very good chance that when water entered into the cylinders,it becomes compressed, causing the spark-plug gap to close-up, You should remove at least the #7 plug and inspect for damage (as cheep as they are I would replace them) In many cases the water can damage the firing area of the plug, and the electrode of the plug! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks i'll definitely give it a look

Sounds good, Thank-you!