Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

2004 Express cutaway box truck with intermittent starting

Customer Question

2004 Express cutaway box truck with intermittent starting issues. Replaced the battery a cpl months ago and problem stopped. It has now returned, failing 4-5 times over last month.
Turn the key, the dash lights go on but truck doesnt crank. Blower/headlights dim volt meter(dash) drops but starter doesnt engage. Sometimes if you hold the key in the start position after a time (10-20 sec) all of a sudden truck starts.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following,

• Ignition Switch
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
  • Starter Relay
  • Wiring

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20DEc%2029.pdf