GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Both low beam headlights keep blowing out on my 2011

Customer Question

Both low beam headlights keep blowing out on my 2011 Traverse. First the passenger side then within 2 weeks the drivers side low beam blows out. I replaced both bulbs the last week of April, 2015 and now it has happened again the middle and last week of December, 2015 I've been to the forums. The simple question is: WHY do the low beams keep blowing out ? What is G.M. ( Chevrolet ) doing about this. It seems to be a problem on several models from the Cadillac to the Acadia and for the Traverse.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Before we get into the fix, can you tell me what brand of bulbs you used and if you made sure not to touch the bulbs with your fingers when installing them.