GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

08 Silverado radio plays with low sound from the speakers

Customer Question

08 Silverado radio plays with low sound from the speakers and the done lights will not operate when the doors open, Does that means that the ECM is faulty?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

No absolutely not. The Ecm has nothing to do with these system. You may be referring to the bcm which does control lighting but not the radio. We need to diagnose your problem. Do you have a scanner one that would pull codes from the bcm? If not it will be hard for us to properly diagnose you have already checked all fuses. If you are interested in fixing this I can tell you a scanner that I recommend for people to buy it is cheap and will get the job done. If interested let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes sir and thank you can I call u this mornig

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have awaiting a call from Reggie Whiddon reference the scannner that he reccommend. Whow do I contact to cancel this service?

Sir please allow me to apologize, i had something come up and could not help it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I AM TRYING TO RESPOND TO YOU/hOWEVER, I CALLED YOUR 1-***-***-****, AND WAS TOLD TO ASK THE QUESTION AGAIN AND YOU WOULD RESPOND. 08 SILVERADO WITH NO RADIO SOUND AND DOM LIGHTVWILL NOT OPERATE WHEN DOORS ARE OPENED.RE: THE SCANNER, WHAT TYPE IS TO BE USED?(***) ***-****.

Sir I apologize for the delay. A scanner I use and recommend is the Eady diag made by Launch Corp. It sells for less than 100 bucks comes with 2 free csr lines and will give you factory level access to codes. Please note that it requires a smartphone to operate. Your problem is associated with your radio and will most likely be a bad amo, speaker issue. You could pull the radio and remove speakers one at a time and see if your problem went away. But having thr scaner will give you access to thr trouble codes which will point you in thr rigjt area