Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a Chevy S-10 pickup with the 2.2 motor. The heat

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I have a Chevy S-10 pickup with the 2.2 motor. The heat doesn't come on. I changed the thermostat, no help. The temp. gauge doesn't work either. The hoses going to the heater core in the car are both cold so no anti freeze is getting to the core. Is there a sensor that controls the gauge and a valve for the heating unit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The head gasket was changed this summer, but since then the heater worked and the gauge worked. the coolant is up and good. The thermostat is working, because when the engine is warm, both inlet and outlet hoses to the radiator are warm. When the heat switch inside is turned to full hot, neither heater hose gets hot. Anti-freeze isn't circulating into the heater core is my guess.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

follow the lines back and see if there is a heater control valve. there should be one that controls water flow into the heater core.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

thanks. please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy