GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I cant mainthanging filterain any fuel pressure ar pump hand

Customer Question

i cant mainthanging filterain any fuel pressure ar pump hand pump does not get hard after cg
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

this has a new filter housing assembly on it and with the vent open on top pumping by hand you can not get fuel to come out of the vent solid ?

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer !

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cannot get fuel pressure with primer pump and you have not given a useful answer or possible remedy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

If the fuel primer button does not work, there are few options.

First there might be a hole in the line between the pump and the tank. IF so, replace the line.
If there are no holes, then its very likely that the primer button has just failed. There are rubber check valves inside that can fail. You can try taking the 3 screws off the top and clip the botton off to look at the valve in the bottom. See if there are any bits of debris in there. If so then see if you can remove it and they work,. If not then replace the filter head assembly. They are common for failing like this.