GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a chevy suburban and I LOVE it, she's getting old and

Customer Question

I have a chevy suburban and I LOVE it, she's getting old and having problems. HELP
1. my heated seats wont work
2. my power seats work periodically
3. my 6 disc cd player wont work, it is holding my cds hostage
4. my unlock buttons on the driver's side do not function
5. the window washer on the back windshield will not spray anything
6. my dvd player wont work
7. in the summer my ac will change to blasting you in the face with hot air that one might feel while standing behind a jet plane. I have to pull over, pray, turn the car off and back on for the air to work again...
Thank you in advance! April
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Chesterman replied 1 year ago.

Hello April,

My name is ***** ***** i'm an ASE Master technician. I will be assisting you with your vehicle today. I can send you all the wiring diagrams for your vehicle, but you will have to have a basic understanding of electronics. You have listed many problems that you are having with your vehicle. We will start with the first. The heated seats in your vehicle are much like the element in your oven. Basically, it is a controlled short. The element in the seat is grounded and you supply the power to the element (seat) through the switch which flows through a fuse. (In the case of short circuit or over amperage it will blow stopping the flow of voltage to the element.) The problem is most likely a blown fuse or a shorted heating element in the seat. Please let me know if you need the wiring diagram or if you like, for additional services, you can call me and I can try to talk you through it.

Thank you,

Chad