Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

What is needed to put a 97 model 4l80e into a 94 model Chevy

Customer Question

What is needed to put a 97 model 4l80e into a 94 model Chevy 1500 truck that came with a 4L 60 E
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

the 97 4l60e will work in your 94,though the4 engine light may or may not come on,

the 97 year model has a different valve body that has a pwm solenoid,the 93-94 year models do not have a pwm solenoid..

so it will work.

the 93-and 94 are the only two years that are exact for your truck

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.