Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My truck engine just shut down and then is intermittingly

Customer Question

My truck engine just shut down and then is intermittingly starting but immediately shuts down again. Acts like a fuel pump problem I had with another S-10
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

will the engine run on starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed down the throttle body ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't Know. I am a 100% Disabled Veteran and cant do many things. Have no resources.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

most of these that will do what yours is usually caused by either low fuel pressure OR the theft system that reads the resistance of the ignition key and if it does not read the key correctly the computer will shut off the fuel injectors as it thinks someone is stealing the truck

this truck will need the fuel pressure tested and also tested for an injector pulse and spark and see if it will run on starting fluid

depending on what the engine is missing so to say when tested will tell us what the problem is

but like i said most of the time it is low or no fuel pressure or the theft system causing this issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer