Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

My 2009 Chevy 3500 won't go into gear when I go from park to

Customer Question

My 2009 Chevy 3500 won't go into gear when I go from park to reverse or any gear. Would have been a PNP problem in an earlier model can't find the PNP on this one
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

PNP is the internal mode switch on that truck it's inside the transmission and the valve body will need to be removed to access. But first I'd apply the parking brake and make sure when I put it in gear the shifter cable is actually moving at the transmission and you should feel detent for every gear. If it's not moving the shaft in the transmission make sure the bolt is tight, if it not moving at all follow the cable back up to the steering column. If that's ok you may need the internal module switch. Thanks