George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2003 Chevy SS Silverado. I'm having a problem with

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2003 Chevy SS Silverado. I'm having a problem with the cig lighter, and 12V outlets not working. I've checked the 3 fuses and they're good. Pulled the console out and checked the wires and they're plugged in. I checked power to the plugs and nothing. Any ideas where else I should be looking? Or fuses in missing?? Any hello would be great. Thanks.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you have 12 volts at both testpoints on the back of the CIG LTR and AUX PWR fuse in the underhood fuse block but nothing at the outlet connector there are a couple of connectors in between that need to be checked. The C249 connector is behind the HVAC controls and the C306 connector is in the console. You would check the orange to black wires in the connectors. Orange should be 12 volts and the black is ground.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you