Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

I keep reading post about while the a/c is on, the drivers

Customer Question

I keep reading post about while the a/c is on, the drivers side blows hot and passenger blows cold.. I have the exact opposite, with the a/c on, the passenger blows hot and the driver side blows cold... I tried disconnecting the battery and resetting, but didn't work.. What do I have to replace???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have a blend door actuator on each side, small plastic motors that control[ temp on each side. Most times you have a bad actuator, The problem? you cant get to this simple part without removing the dash,The part does not cost much but labor is a bit high, I am sorry for that. It is by design persay, We see this all the time in the shop, They have plastic gears inside and they go bad, sticking on either hot or cold etc, Here is a link showing what I mean

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the one under the dash and not the one under the glove box...
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

no, on top of the hvac case, dash has to be removed, the others you see are mode and recir actuators