Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I am getting p0700, p0731 and p0732. Plz help!! I can go

Customer Question

I am getting p0700, p0731 and p0732. Plz help!! I can go drive it up to anyspeed but when i let go of the gas it slips and it will only grab a gear once i slow down to about 10 kmh again. 2001 chevy 2500hd allison
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The codes P0731 and P0732 indicate you may have a loss of pressure and it could be something as simple as a very restricted transmission filter. Has the transmission been service recently? If not I would start there first, change the fluid as well as the filter.

I have also enclosed the pinpoint test for these codes in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0731%20Dec%2023.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0732%20Dec%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have changed the fluid and both filters. Sometimes it wont go in reverse sometimes it will. While accelerating it will grab every gear. But when i let go of the gas. It slips and wont grab again until im almost stopped. And then it stays in 3rd until i stop it and restart it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It also gave me p0733 so that time it slipped in 3rd
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could it be a speed sensor?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Its not likely a speed sensor concern. Its usually a loss of pressure issue. Your going to need to run the test steps I sent you to narrow it down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Everything checks out. Im thinking pinion bearing.. is that a possibility?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion. But as im diagnosing. Im really thinking its that. Does it make sence
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

A bad pinion bearing will not cause the transmission to slip.