GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Im ***** ***** have no problem paying the money but have

Customer Question

Customer: im ***** ***** have no problem paying the money but have been shafted by other online techs what if you cant fix my problem do i get a refund
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dash lights wont go off or dim and headlight switch lights dont work everything else dims perfectly i unhooked headlight switch they still are on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Good evening sir, My name is ***** ***** I want to help you and i f I cant, that is my loss. Okay your dash lights remain on even with the headlight switch disconnected? I dont see on here what type vehicle this is please reply with year make and model of vehicle and i will help you fix this. I am sorry for your other experiences.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Silverado 2500hd 6 liter w wheel drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only electrical part I've not replaced is the bcm and head light switch the guy I bought it from jump started it with cables crossed and fried everything even airbags deployed every light bulb and fuses replaced battery alternator radio climate control switch all vent acuators

I reviewed the wiring diagram the headlight switch is nothing but an input to the bcm the lights are controlled by bcm try disconnecting it if they go off you have a faulty bcm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give it a try and let you know and also a lot of talk on bcm does it have to be programmed or just do the key learn procedure

It will have to be flash programmed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unhooked 1 at a time and the plug onfar left side made them go out think there is 4 wires on it

you have a bad bcm