Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

My problem is with the dual climate control. I turn the heat

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and my problem is with the dual climate control. I turn the heat on and only the passage side blows out hot air. The driver side is blowing out cold air.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2005 gmc serria 2500hd
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sorry I'm in a hurry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question... Did you still need help on this issue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

When the temp output is only correct on one half of the dash, this is most commonly due to a faulty Air temp Actuator. This actuator turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. The driver's side actuator is located under the driver's/center of the dash (image below). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed, opened and repaired as needed. If temp is now correct, replace the actuator. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my time. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

For an image location view of the actuator, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3eugn56jnfup2p/temp-act.jpg?dl=0