GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am having a similar issue with my S10. The starter is

Customer Question

Customer: I am having a similar issue with my S10. The starter is slowing down (makes a grinding noise) and the speeds up again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Truck 4.3 started fine until a week ago. Sounds like it is hitting the flywheel because it makes a terrible noise and the tries to speed up and but then it slows down. little mechanic shop replaced the dist. button a week ago and that fixed it for aboutl 3 days. Now the trouble is back. He looked at it again and thinks button is fine (tried replacing it anyways). Looked for moisture issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If it fixes the issue...Yes I will pay it.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was the starter itself ever inspected as well as flywheel teeth at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.