George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

My name is ***** ***** i am trying to replace a power

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** i am trying to replace a power steering pump on a 1999 chevy suburban. it has 3 bolts on the front and 2 in the back. but when i take them out i still cant get it out because of the braket in front of the pump needs to go forward about 1 inch because of the 2 bolts that are the back of the pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I toke 3 bolts out on the brcket which also holds the air conditioing pump that is above the power sterring pump , but it does not move. I dont know what is holding it. I can not see any more bolt .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Have you removed the pulley from the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999 chevy suburban K1500 1/2 4WD 5.7L
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

there are three bolts in front and 2 bolts in back. The one upper in back is difficult to see or access and it attaches to a bracket that must be removed. Sometimes it is easier to remove the front engine bracket and then remove the pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would love to but is christmas and cant aford to at this time.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I dont understand the response. Removing the bracket is not that difficult.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 10 months ago.

Great, make sure there is nothing in the tank and you should be good on fuel flow.

If no more questions please complete the rating