Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

My 99 Silverado is having a hesitation problem when

Customer Question

Mike,
My 99 Silverado is having a hesitation problem when accelerating, no codes set. A problem occurred before, first time I solved it by replacing my K&N Filter with a paper filter, second time solved by cleaning & tightening all connections between the MAF sensor & throttle body. Cleaning MAF & tightening all connections is not helping this time.Are you available to consult on this Silverado problem today?BTW the O2 problem on the 97 Suburban did not return, and the HVAC switch replacement you helped me solve is doing great.
Gene
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

first, I would check the fuel pressure to be sure you have sufficient fuel available. make sure the throttle body is clean of all debris. start there

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Roy,
Prior to receiving notice that you replied yesterday, Monday Dec 21, but after sending my email I completed work on my Silverado for the day. During those hour I used a top engine cleaner on and through the throttle body, and I also changed my fuel filter; then I drove the truck about 25 miles. So far I have not noticed any hesitation, and hope I solved the problemIf the problem reappears, going deeper into the fuel system would likely be appropriate. I'll follow up with you on how to check the fuel pressure.Thanks for your attempt, given the busy holiday season, I realize it does take time to coordinate conversations.
Gene
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

your welcome

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out