Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My wife has a 2003 trailblazer, we noticed an issue after

Customer Question

My wife has a 2003 trailblazer, we noticed an issue after driving to the poconos in 4wd one rainy/Ivey day, now when we drive her truck when you hit the gas it goes to about 20 mph then as you hold gas in rpms go to 4-5 before I let go and the car can go any faster, it also makes a loud rev as I'm trying to go past 20 mph, I cleaned throttle body and maf sensor, still having issues
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

is this possibly an issue where when it is in 2nd gear and it goes to 3rd gear 3rd gear is acting like neutral and just revs up ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so it's soon as I put it in drive I can feel it rev and it moves to about 20mph then I got to give it a little more gas till the RPM reach about 4–5, almost like it's in neutral then I let off the gas a little bit the RPMs drop to two and I can move the car a little bit faster than 20 30 mph
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

will it bog down when you floor it like its choking out or being choked down ?

i just want to be sure the transmission is not slipping or causing this problem and this problem is more so the engine can not make the power it should

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't sound like it's going to stall if that's what you're asking , I can press on the gas and feel it revving see the RPMs go up but the car is moving slow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take a video and try to replicate the issue to show you
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

yes send a video

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdhhsq7r2qv87ff/Car.mov?dl=0
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

it would seem from the video the engine is not making the correct power

is this a 6 cylinder ?

if so if you remove the O2 sensor right out of the exhaust manifold under the hood and take it for a quick drive will the power come back ? it will be a little loud with the O2 sensor out but this is just for a quick test

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a noobie with cars got a diagram or video where the o2 sensor would be?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

here you go

# ***** in this picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the tool to unscrew the sensor tonight I guess I'll have to wait till tommorow
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if the power comes bad the cat converter is bad

if the power does not come back replace the fuel filter and see if the power comes back

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you can always get me back for FREE through this post with any follow up anytime with this question

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this in the am when I get the tool, now the wife does need a oil change but should that cause the issue in having?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

only if the oil was very low

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer