Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

A 2001 gmc Yukon fuel getting to engine,won't start
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** a 2001 gmc Yukon fuel getting to engine,won't start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just replaced fuel pump, starts when you put gas into the throttle manually
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

key ON engine OFF the fuel pressure is 55 to 60 ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not taken a reading, but took regulator out and it came out under serious pressure when key turned on
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

can you unplug any fuel injector you can get too and with the key ON does one of the terminals in the injector connector show 12 volts ?

if so then connect a test light clip to a good 12 volts at the battery then when cranking it over touching the test light tip to the OTHER terminal when cranking it over does your test light bulb blink ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have a tester to do that
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

if this will run on fuel being added and it has the fuel pressure i said the issue is the computer not telling the injectors to fire by the passlock theft key system or a bad computer or missing power to the injectors or the rare outside chance the fuel is contaminated with water

if it has spark then that is what your up against

can you try this and see if it will run ?

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already done that with no results
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

ok then we are back to we need to see if we have power at one terminal and a blinking ground at the other terminal the odds are there is no blinking ground and this would usually mean a bad computer or the passlock sensor is not working correctly and even the relearn will not work because the sensor can not read the key to be able to perform the relearn

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need a new computer?
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

tests need to be done to be sure on what exaclty the problem is

we need to test like i said needs to be tested and a scan tool to view live computer data and see if the computer is in theft lock stopping the injector pulse due to the pass lock system

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need a tech 2 to perform the tests?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

What kind of test equipment do you have?

You will need to perform some tests do we can verify fault.

I suggest:

1. Basic scan tool with DATA

2. Fuel pressure gauge

3. Injector noid lights

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.