Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2012 silverado .didn't drive a week and the battery I guess

Customer Question

2012 silverado .didn't drive for about a week and the battery I guess died now want start. Tried charging but all I get is a buzzing sound
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The battery itself my be dead to where it will not recharge.I have seen dead/bad cells cause this here as well as loose and/or corroded battery cables at the battery itself needing cleaned and tightened to correct this fault.I would start with checking the cables and see if a fault is found needing corrected and if this is all found to be o.k. then I would have the battery tested to see if it needs replaced.A local parts store will test this for you.One of these is most likely the cause here and is most common.

If these check out o.k. I would have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced as this can also cause this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete