Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

, Well Im in florida the truck started and then after a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well Im in florida the truck started and then after a few seconds it cut out i had the filters changed not long ago by our local dealer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i am
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

can you tell me the year and make and model and engine size ?

so right now the engine will physically crank over fine and just not fire up ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this a a 2005 HD2500 Duramax diesel the engine cranked fine then after a few seconds it died we had the fuel filter replaced recently I just came in from pushing the primer pump a few times and noticed fuel leaking from the bottom of the fitler
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

ok that is your problem

the fuel prime is being lost from the leak you see causing this issue

if the leak is only from the bottom of the filter then the bottom sensor into the filter has a bad O-ring seal or is cracked causing this issue

its best to replace the filter and the sensor in the bottom of the filter and then re prime the system and once it is primed correctly and the leak fixed the truck should be just fine

you can always get me back for FREE through this post with any follow up anytime with this question

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out ?