Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My name is ***** ***** and im having a bunch of problems

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** and im having a bunch of problems with this blazer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was given a 2000 Bravada from work. because they said it wouldn't start and that was true unless you used ether. then it ran fine besides the low gas mileage. well i was told that the regulator has a history of going bad on these so i toke the upper intake off and sure enough it was leaking so i replaced it with one from GM and the o-ring was bad and filled the engine and hydro locked the engine with gas. so i took it apart again and put a new one in and no leak.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well it's still hard to start and after it dose start it smokes like a train and has a miss fire. the smoke clears up after about 5min. but the miss is still there it's a small miss fire but it's still there and when you rev it there is a hesitation until around 1200RPM and will backfire.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Is the smoke continuous? Is it Heavy white smoke?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.