Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Have a 1987 Chevy V-10. It's had custom work and sensors

Customer Question

Customer: HI: I'm Mitch. Have a 1987 Chevy V-10. It's had custom work and sensors pulled. There are no emissions test for a vehicle that old. How can I clear the MIL for good?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the check engine light comes on. I believe the motor was changed or taken out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

at this point with all the emissions parts removed the only option to turn that light off for good is to remove the gauge cluster and actually just popping out the bulb in the back of the gauge cluster that lights the check engine light its very visual which one does from behind just pull out the gauge cluster and remove the bulb

with these being a 1987 i have no pictures for the removal of the gauge cluster for this

but bot***** *****ne is just pull the bulb out of the gauge cluster

Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

you can always get me back for FREE through this post with any follow up anytime with this question

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here