GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: I have a 2002 tahoe 4WD 5.3 flex. It

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 tahoe 4WD 5.3 flex. It has just started losing all electrical power. Then as fast as it fails , it comes back on and works fine. Any help you could give me would be greatly apppreciated
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please? When this happens, are you parked and trying to start it or is it while moving down the road? IF when parked then I am thinking you may have a connection issue at the battery or something along those lines. Here is what I suggest you check. - check the battery cables. Take them off, make sure they are clean and install them. -Follow the battery cables to the engine block and down to the starter, both the positive and negative cables, make sure they are clean and tight. -take the fender brace off and remove the while black cover on the fuse block. Make sure the battery cable into the fuse block is not loose. If you find nothing then it would be a good idea to have your battery load tested. Remove it and take it to a place like Napa or AutoZone and have them load test it. They usually do this for free.