GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Having issue with headlights coming back on. 04 trailblazer

Customer Question

Customer: having issue with headlights coming back on. 04 trailblazer turn car off, headlights off. 10-12 minutes. then they come back on new battery. already killed the last one
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

There is a device much like a relay and that looks similar to a relay for the low beam bulbs in the under hood fuse block for the low beams. This is common for failing. There is another one for the engine fan. Swap these to see if the lights come on. The numbers on the top are 15016745. That is also the part number to order if that if the lights come on.