Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My name is ***** *****. I have some problem with my van,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have some problem with my van, it's a 2006 express 2500HD duramax
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think I have a bad fuel pressure relive valve. I turn the key on, the lift pump is working. but it pump all the fuel back from the return live to fuel tank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok, like how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey, is anyone there
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

What kind of problem are you having?

The lift pump will pump fuel back to the tank after the system is primed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My problem start with the van just stopped running at one day. I changed two fuel filter. And the lift pump somehow won't turn on. I hot wire the relay to kick it on, and get the van running. But it has a code P0087 and won't go over certain rpm.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But as soon as I take out the wire and plug the relay back in, the lift pump will stop working. Now I somehow get the lift pump working without hot wire it, but the system lost prime, and difficult to prime it.The van won't run
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I unplug the fitting to two injector, and crank. I can see some air came out. but not much fuel

DO you have a scan tool that you can monitor fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I don't
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I only have a scanner.

What kind of scanner? It does not show fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's the basic kind. It does have live data. Let me try to see if it has the fuel pressure data. But just now, I cranked some more, nothing came out of the injector fitting when the lift pump is running and pumping fuel back in to the tank from the return line.

you may in fact have a pressure relief valve problem. Seeing fuel pressure would help assure that is the problem

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It does have the fuel pressure data
I have no fuel trail pressure at all. 0.71MPA
It desires 50+Mpa
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But I wasn't sure if I choose the right engine. I choose the LLY engine.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how many pressure relief vale do I have, only one on the driver side of the fuel trail or on both side? And I see the fuel go pass the relief vale to a hose then to the return line. Can I just clamp the hose shut to see if I can build up some pressure?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But if the valve is bad, can it be that bad that not holding any pressure at all?

You have 1 relief valve. Yes it could be bad enough to keep from starting. Yes you can pinch off line and see if that helps. Do not leave clamped for long.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.