Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Matt - no power to several fuses (all checked good) most

Customer Question

Customer: Matt - no power to several fuses (all checked good) most importantly the wiper and heater blower 1999 S10 Zr2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no power at the fuse for wiper and heater blower
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Wiper and blower only fuses that do not have power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, here's the complete list:
Cruise, steering wheel illumination, HVAC, Illumination, 4wd, front wiper, HVAC1, ABS, RR WPR
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Everything you have listed is powered by the ignition switch Terminal D6, It is most likely you need an ignition switch.

Do you have a test light and what is your skill level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a test light, and multi meter. Other ignition switch related circuits power on and off as expected with the switch. Reasonably good with a multi meter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We pulled the driver side fuse box, and are looking at the supply lines to the box. Any diagrams that might be of help? We have power to the red wire (with or without key in/on, no power to the orange under any circumstances). Not sure if that is what should be.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Brown wire E3 is the one you should be looking for. should have power in run and acc. Dont know which orange wire you are referring. The orange wire I see is a light circuit. should power up with lights

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are you getting the wire numbers (E3, D6 etc) from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thick supply wires to the drivers side fuse box are red, orange, blue and brown. All 4 come through the firewall. Both the red and orange split after the connector, before the fuse box. Just want to make sure we are talking about the exact same wires.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

They are the position of the wires. I am looking for a connector view

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point we're looking at the ignition...switch/keyset had been replaced, might not be working as expected. We are reassembling and will test the outputs...do you have any wiring diagrams for this model that we could use as reference? The book we have is quite generic when it comes to wiring diagrams...lots of holes.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Here is a connector view at the underhood fuse box

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

The brown wire coming out of ignition switch should be the power you need for fuse box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** after reassembly.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know if you need anything else. Please dont forget to leave a rating

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.