Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have recently bought a chevy Suburban something went wrong

Customer Question

Customer: I have recently bought a chevy Suburban something went wrong where it had shifted into*****going freeway speed. got it back into***** limped home scanned it getting several codes only able to define one (CO306 motor A or B Circuit short to battery or open) the following codes were not able to find out what they were going to. Please I need help to identify the following CO321, CO392, CO396 and CO398. Pretty sure it has to do with transfer case but not sure if other parts are also involved. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Transfer case when open dry, seal bad. 2008 Chevy 1500
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.Code c0321 indicates a fault with the transfer case lock circuit (transfer case actuator circuit).code c0392 indicates a fault with the transfer case actuator rotation circuit.

C0396 and c0398 is an internal switch fault in the transfer case actuator.

with what you have described here with what occurred and the codes set here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the transfer case shift actuator itself on the transfer case needing replaced.I have had to replace this actuator before several times for this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete