Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Name is Vic I have a fried wire in my power cable to the

Customer Question

Customer: Name is Vic I have a fried wire in my power cable to the rear window defogger. How do i get to the connector located behind the rt door lower panel fuse box.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tested the defogger wire at the window tabs. It has 0 power. I replaced the relay in the engine fuse box location it tested good also. The internet shows the possible problem is a damaged wire in the power connector.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You may have to remove some paneling or other components in the interior of the vehicle to gain access to this wire to check and repair or replace it.If you can tell me the year and model as well as engine size in this vehicle here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pete are you there now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the message on my cars make model engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete , give me an answer to my question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is any one there now???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete would you give me a answer which i can proceed to making a repair. Be detail in the steps required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not received a answer for which i paid $28 to receive. So please respond ASAP
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

I didn't see a reply here at all on the year and model.Can you repost it?