GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am working on the signal lights system of a Chevy

Customer Question

I am working on the signal lights system of a Chevy Silverado 1500 2004 4x4 with Plow System all ready install When I turn on the signal lights switch on to my right work OK but When turn signal lights on to my left all 4 lights work like if I was turn
the hazard switch on in stead. I install a new signal light switch from Auto Zone And there are NO changes Why? Are there Any module responsible of this problem other than the body module? I will wait for the right answer, Thanks you !!!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

I have some good news with this. It’s a well known issue, the flasher module. This module is on the back side of the dash fuse block. To replace this module, remove the knee bolster trim and through an opening, you can remove and replace the module. The root failure inside is a weakness in the micro relays causing erratic operation like you have found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud5Lj5Fk7WY