Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My name is ***** ***** and I am trying to locate the PCM

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I am trying to locate the PCM ground on my 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I keep getting a engine reduce code replaced the throttle body, pedal position sensor and ECM
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to know whether it is a 1500 or 2500 and whether it is 2wd or 4wd in order to pull the correct schematic

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a 1500 2WD.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

The ground for the PCM is locate at top rear of engine block at the transmission. I have uploaded diagram with location highlighted

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?