Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1994 Chevy 2500 and theis not engaging and the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1994 Chevy 2500 and the*****is not engaging and the indicator light is not coming on. I am trying to figure out what is causing the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I messed with the wires before and had it working and then it messed up again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you can help me get it fixed yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was the front axle actuator ever updated to the full electric actuator or does it have the old style gas charged actuator?

Have you checked to make sure the 4wd fuse is o.k.?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses are good, I already checked them and yes it has been updated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to have a mechanic fix it but thanks anyway this takes too long
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.I know that on this model the update required soldering in a new wire for the new actuator and if the new actuator was already installed the solder can corrode or break free and cause this here.I have also seen the actuator on the front differential fail requiring replacement.

Thanks Pete