Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I only have an ignition key, and no Remote Entry

Customer Question

Customer: I only have an ignition key, and no Remote Entry Fob,......can I still reset the TPS System ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2008 Chevy Uplander with Computer adjustment controls on the centre console, just above the audio system..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You can try and use the key to do the lock and unlock but I dont think it will work on this model here.Unfortunately it requires the signal from the remote/key fob to enter customer programming mode.

The only other option is to have a tire shop relearn then with their learn tool with your vehicle (and some tire shops may not charge to do this) or a dealer with their scan tool plugged into your vehicle.

Unfortunately these are the only ways the sensors can be learned in properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the response Pete,.....it is appreciated. But, I don't feel I should have to pay so much for the small amount of info I was asking. It is not as if this is a make or break inquiry. I will monitor my own Tire Pressures...... Thanks...Mr Martyn Legge
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I apologize if my info wasn't exactly what you were looking for here.One other option is for you to purchase a tire relearn tool from a parts store.Usually they are not to expensive.A scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with the vehicles tire pressure monitor system can also do the relearn.If you want I can post the procedure on this if you have access to a scan tool to do this.

Other then this the only way the manual way can be done is if you have a remote fob for your vehicle.

Thanks Pete