Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Wagoner the lights in the speedometer are inop
, the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** wagoner the lights in the speedometer are inop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the lights do not workin the speedometer is there a way to relace the bulbs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year of this model and engine liter size?

Is it only the speedometer lights that are not working and all other lights on the cluster are o.k.?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2001 chevy venture van 3.4. all lights work in cluster except speedometer lights .it looks like they maybe led sodered in thank,s george
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,these lights are soldered to the circuit board inside the instrument cluster.GM doesnt offer a part number for these and usually this is repaired by either a local electronics repair facility or sent out by the dealer to their repair center to be repaired.I know the cost can vary anywhere from $100 to $300 usually which is not the cheapest but when it fails like this here these are usually the only two options.I say usually because I have heard of some customers taking their cluster apart and removing one of the lights (there may be one to two in some cases) and going to an electrical sales store to purchase the lights then solder them in,unfortunately my info doesnt list a part number.

So it needs to be determined if you want to attempt to repair this yourself or if you want an electronics repair facility to do this.If you do it yourself make sure you do not bend any of the gauge needles as this will cause issues with the gauges.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for answering my question. I already new that.i was just looking for a short cut george
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome.Unfortunately I dont see or have any short cuts on this here myself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete