Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master technician with over 30 years of experience, including GM.
24034660

2010 gmc no crank no start

Customer Question

2010 gmc no crank no start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 11 months ago.

What does the gear indicator on the dash say (what gear)? Does the scanner show ign voltage with key turned off? Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no gear lit up on dash. i have good voltage scanner says truck is in 3rd ? key 10 amp fuse for ecm power doesnt make connection unles you rock the fuse. i think the fuse block is no good.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no ignition signal to start truck ( not in neutral ) trans was just replaced. i checked all the moduals and no codes for trans ecm has P0615 not sure if the plug at trans is connected properly it doesnt lock in very good.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also battery was stone dead for a month have this code also b3935 transponder authentication error but no security light on dash

We have seen a lot of issues with the fuse/relay box, Try opening the lower cover on the box and see if any wires are damaged do to mice/etc (they love to get inside these and damage wires, all have seen some loose connection in these boxes for fuses and relays, (I have been tighten-up many of these connections, Like for starter relay/ fuel pump) Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wires look good but the fuse box stinks. would that make the truck think its in gear ? or could it short the tcm?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
before the trans was replaced they said the key could be removed from the ignition with out the truck turning off it also will shift threw the gears with out having to press the brake. i replaced the ignition but that did nothing

There are a couple of things that can cause it not to see the correct gear, !st is the range selector (it sees the movement of the shift arm on transmission, and sends signal to computer, this is very common issue) 2nd is open/bad wire/s from range switch to computer,3 rd is a bad computer, If it not seeing that vehicle is in park or neutral it will not allow voltage to starter solenoid to start engine, Thank