GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****, and we own a 2004 cheverlet

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, and we own a 2004 cheverlet surburban 2wd 1500. the service stability light keeps coming on, and the truck sometimes jerks and makes a terrible noise. it has always quit very quickly, but noone has been able to answer. the tires have been checked. what else can we do? we dont trust it on trips anymore.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the service stability light comes on. the mechanic gets the light off but it doesnt stay off. it has done the jerking thing, once in traffic while going at a high speed. very scary.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, but i dont want to pay for nothing.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 11 months ago.

have they scanned it for codes?