Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I am working on a 2010 chevy aveo with what seems to be a gh

Customer Question

I am working on a 2010 chevy aveo with what seems to be a high speed cooling fan issue. I have checked both ECT sensors, 5 volt reference to the sensors, relays, and the fan motor. I can get the fan to run on high by unplugging the ECT on the thermostat
housing, but it will not perform this on its own. The car will get hot and overflow coolant out of the radiator cap. The low fan speed works as it should, but doesn't suffice once the car gets a certain temperature... Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you determine the cause with the cooling fan the first thing you need to do is to connect your scanner and scan the system to see what fault code and or codes are that should be setting while the fan will not work. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and help you get this resolved.