Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I disonnected the ecm harnesses to other parts. When i

Customer Question

Customer: i disonnected the ecm harnesses for access to other parts. When i reconnected the harnesses now it will not crank. Battery is good & starter is good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was running fine. A shifter cable broke & i removed the ecm for access. I reconnected the ecm harness now it will not crank. I checked all associated fuses & they are good
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we need to know what you are working on, year, make and model as well as engine size. One other thing you need to do is scan the computer system as well and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im working on a 2008 HHR SS. Manual trans. 2.0 eng. I am getting a scanner to check for faults. Will contact you assp. Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning Ron
I checked for faults & found P0627. I erased it but still doesn't crank. Fault did not come back. Just to let you know. I have checked the starter with a probe it does crank. The battery is 6 months old & I checked it. I again checked all ignition and ECM related fuses, all good with power at both sides of fuses with ignition on. I have swapped relays also. When I turn the key to attempt starting it the engine icon is lit & no other icons are on when holding the key in the start position
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I am wondering if your keys lost there programming when you disconnected the ECM. I would start with performing the relearn procedure. See the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Relearn%20Dec%2015.pdf

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try it & let you know what happens. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay, Im here if needed. Good luck.