BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My 90 gmc jimmy latch was pushed to the closed position with

Customer Question

my 90 gmc jimmy latch was pushed to the closed position with the door open I have tried to open it with both inside and outside handles it seem to have something not letting it rotate to the open position. I have tried large screw drivers ratchet handles to pry the latch when I used the handles to open the latch. Any help would be great .
Thanks
George
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello George, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. If you have the door unlocked and holding neither handle out works then the latch assembly may have broke. Most of the time though with the lock undone it will work. I hate to ask, but was the door unlocked also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I`ve tried locked, unlocked, inside, outside handles it`s like it was pushed too far back or something.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

The latch release in the back of the mechanism can break and cause it to not release. Are you willing to take apart the door to try and fix it?