Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My sdm service airbag light went on when I released my

Customer Question

My sdm service airbag light went on when I released my ebrake on a hill and won`t go off the truck is a 2012 with only 23,000 miles on it and the dealer wants to charge $1000 to replace the module
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

this seems like real bad timing for this issue to start after the E-brake was released

the location of the module is under the center console not near the E-brake assembly

that code is specific to internal programming failure inside the module and the only fix is to replace the module as this can not be a wiring issue as if it was there would be no communication with the module at all

if there is NO other airbag codes set the it has to be changed

there really is not a relation between the 2 other than bad timing i am sorry to say

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here