GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****. (1999 Chevy Blazer LT model) Seems

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. (1999 Chevy Blazer LT model) Seems as though no jobber nor Chevy dealer parts guy knows what I'm talking about. I need to replace the heater fan, that I can do but...it has the regular 2-pin connection and right beside it is another separate single pin connector. I have the electronic climate control option in this Blazer and was wondering if that single pin had something to do with it? Nobody out there can find me a blower motor with the extra single pin connection. What is it and do I need it? And where the hell can I get a motor/fan just like it for replacement.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, just need an answer about the 3rd pin I suppose.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

What color is that single wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wire is brown, perhaps 16 gauge and then feeds over to a small box that has ITT Automotive forged into it, located on the Hvac compartment housing only six inches to the right of the fan motor. Of course I have yet to cut away the protective sheet covering the motor compartment.

Thanks,

Let me dig up the wiring diagram. be back in a few...

Hmmm,,,i'm not showing that wire either and have no idea of what it's for so i will opt out and see if one of the other guys has ever seen it. If someone can help you will get an email notice. Best wishes bud.

LJ

If you can take a pic of it and upload it here using the paper clip icon on the toolbar, it may help us.