GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have asked this question of so many GM techs and still 't

Customer Question

Hi: I have asked this question of so many GM techs and still don't have my HVAC issue solved, I have replace the control head, However I did drop the head a few moths ago before I installed it in my truck, yes the casing for the control head did crack real bad, I checked it and I could see no visible damage to the control head so I super glued the pieces back together and installed the head in my truck I also purchased a new Temperature Actuator, thinking my old Temperature actuator maybe bad, I did the relearn process so many different ways I can't count and the Temp Actuator still won't reset, I tested the wiring from the control head to the Temp Actuator and all is good, yet I still can't get the Temp Actuator to reset, I have been working on trying to get my A/C up and running again since 2003 and still the system won't work right, yes I do have air however as I stated I have to manually adjust the blend door from hot to cold as needed. with all this is it possible by dropping my control head I damaged it in some way? my truck is a 1999 Chevy Silverado 3 Door Extended Cab LS 5.3L, vin:2GCEC19T2X1126276, The numbers on my control head are as follows: 15054698, 19244874 and 15753263 it's sold as a refurb. my Temp Actuator is item# ***** my email:***@******.***. in closing please note I had my truck in the shop several weeks ago and the mechanic told me that if after I do the relearn steps and the Temp Actuator still won't relearn It was probably my control head is bad, or the Temp Actuator or both. yes my mechanic had a tech II on my truck as I was asking him these questions? I do not understand wiring diagrams well enough to go tracing wires so that is out, In need to find why I can't get a signal from my control head to my Temp Actuator?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

When doing the relearn procedure, does the actuator move at all?

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.