GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2006 chevy tahoe is blowing medium and cool air? I

Customer Question

hi, my 2006 chevy tahoe is blowing medium and cool air? I replaced the rear control module and still nothing. Anything else it could be?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I have replaced actuators and re calibrated the system. How long does the calibration take?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would dois the obvious. check the coolant level and make sure the thermostat is working.

check the heater hoses. they must both be hot to the touch. if one is hot and one is cooler, then the core is clogged and needs to be flushed out. you can use a garden hose and flush back and forth several times until equal flow in both directions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New thermostat, water pump, upper and lower hoses, by pass hose, fluid levels are good and correct. In the rear, both hose get hot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it be that I'm not calibrating the system right? If that is the case, how do I go about without a scan tool?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

having a scan tool is the best way to verify that the blend door is moving correctly.

can you hear the door moving going from hot to cold and back???

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out