Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 07 aveo sedan 1.5 liter 4 cyl manual. Problem is

Customer Question

Hi I have a 07 aveo sedan 1.5 liter 4 cyl manual. Problem is that its hard to start i have to spray stating fluid and the crank it for like 5 times ones it starts its shaky and gss pedal does not respond to increase rpms. There are 5 codes.
Po406
p2106
P2110
P161b
P2078. Thanks so much.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Is it fairly cold in your area with high humidity?

.

Does it seem to start easily when warmed up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nop same thing

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The P161b may have been set from the other problems.

DTC P161B

• Control Module Torque Performance.

However,

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ofpbr2n9x6j3d7/Engine%20Controls.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But thats for driving performance it should not affect starting or idling or response of the fuel pedal. When i push on the fuel there is alittle response but not much, what about reseting the trottle?

The ECM performs a relearn procedure twice and compares the results

.

The ECM performs the learn procedure every 15 ignition cycles.

.

I can get the test instructions for the codes and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that but i dont see so far how u have help me or provide me with any usefull info and now u are about to charge me more?? I want a second opinion please put my question back to the list so others can see it.

Sure thing, thanks and please come again, anytime. Happy Holidays to you.

Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you clear out the fault codes do they all come right back when trying to start the vehicle?

Have you had fuel pressure tested at all to see what pressure the fuel is at when cranking the engine?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I check fuel pressure and there is 50 psi then unbolt the fuel rail and pull it out of the intske so i can see the fuel injectors spraying fuel while cranking and non of them sprays fuel while cranking the engine. The suppost to spray fuel right if the electric part and fuel is connected to them!!
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

You should see fuel spray out of them.If you clear out the fault codes and try starting it again which codes come back?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If i spray stsrting fluid on trottle it starts and until then the fuel injectors spray fuel. I erase the codes then i crank it like 7 times check for codes and there are no codes, then i spray stsrting fluid and it hardy started so i check for coded again and it has. Po406, p2106, p2110, p161B and p2078.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

O.k.,this is a difficult one for me to answer myself here unfortunately.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

I see you have the codes. DO you have access to a scanner with DATA? With the key on and engine off what is the coolant temperature, EGR Position and TP voltages?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CTS ITS AT 39F
REL TPS 7.5 relative trottle position
THROT CMD 18.0 commanded trottle actuator control.
Then i use the escope and while i open the trottle it goes from close 18.0 to WOT AT 24.7
i did not find anything for the EGR.

The P2106, 2110 and 161b all lead towards a throttle body issue or a MAP problem,

Bring up the MAP volatge and crank it and watch for a change.

The P2078 is an indication of an EGR problem. which coud cause some of your problems.

What kind of scanner are you using?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The MAP has 27.2 while cranking no change. Then I put it on the scope scale to see a change on the waves but nothing not even a little

I have other obligations that require me to opt out. I apologize and hopefully someone gets to you soon