Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Has GM found the cause/causes of the problems that the early

Customer Question

Has GM found the cause/causes of the problems that the early model Chevy Equinox were/are still having? I have a 2007 model and the engine overheats at idle, stability trax light came on yesterday. I just bought this vehicle on 12/05/15. It has 108756 miles on it and did notice that the fan was rewired.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Can you send me the VIN?

Have you checked it for codes? How long at idle until it over heats?

Do you have access to a scanner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin # ***** haven't had it checked for codes yet. It overheats in about 20 mins sitting still. No I don't have access to a scanner and I'm no mechanic. I can do the simple things.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

CAn you stop at a parts store and have it checked for codes?

Has it had any recent repairs that you know of?

When it is running can you hear if the radiator fan is working?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.